The Windows version of the new Realsoft 3D version 5 has been released.
Some highlights of the new V5 features:
- The most accurate hair rendering solution on the market: hairs interact with global illumination, fur details can be examined with a magnifying glass and characters can safely dive under water
- Automatic, hierarchical, dynamically expandable render network management. Users can, at any time, hook in and out rendering servers and all CPU power becomes automatically used. With the new network rendering tools, user groups can share the management and resources of very large rendering farms easily.
- Radically improved UV editing toolkit featuring a new, object hierarchy based UV object, which lets you split model geometry into an arbitrary number of overlapping or separate surface areas. UV objects layer locally and efficiently an unlimited amount of textures, shaders and vertex channels.
- Improved animation interface based on the construction stack approach. The playback window is now loaded with useful functionality for basic animation editing. The choreography editor has also taken a major leap forward, now providing an efficient interface for more advanced animation control.
- A post shading system. The user can change reflection intensity and color, specular highlights, shadow smoothness and other shading components without going through the time consuming ray tracing phase. The post shading system is open and new object/light source/shader specific controls can be hooked in.
- Hundreds of speed optimizations and productivity increasing features, such as gradual shader refinement to OpenGL textures as a background thread, undo for all data libraries, general project cleanup (purge) tools, a new painting based edit handle selection, a hole filling tool for easy fixing of imported polygon models, etc.
You can buy the new product version from our
and from authorized Realsoft 3D dealers.
Pricing (VAT excluded): Realsoft 3D v.5 for Windows 600 EUR/750 USD. Up to 75% educational discounts and a competitive upgrade discount available. For more information about prices, visit the web shop.
Versions for other supported platforms (Linux, SGI Irix, Mac OSX) will be released in the near future.
An updated trial version 5 is under development and will become available at this website in December 2004.
For more information about the new features, check out
version 5 feature summary and the web galleries.