Tip on how to leaf a tree without the heavy leaf geometry
by Mark Heuymans
- render a tree in Arbaro with a small number of large leaves, export as .obj
- import in RS V5 with separate levels (default)
- make everything but the leaves WF-invisible
- paint 3d-particles onto the leaves (Paste tool, surface, some randomizing
won't hurt either)
- make the particles rectangular and raytrace-able
- find a suitable leaves texture and apply to the 3d-particle (default mapping)
- delete the original leaves, they served their purpose.
- optinally apply an Interpolator to multiply the leaves (tricky)
Additional tip by Bernie:
For best "performance" make sure all trees are made from 3 point polys,
minimise the amount of sub branches and use leaves that have a few more
leaves on them vs 1 leaf.