So here, from a Fresh started RS (With NOTHING selected, just click in an
empty space in the 'Select' Window)
Bind it to a key..
- Activate a 'Perspective' View Window
- Macro Record ON (Ctrl + m keys)
- In Menu, Select 'Tools/Creation/Create Camera' and Press (Return key)
- Press (k key) TWICE (This workaround updates the Camera as it should, so
it matches the View that you want or You can use the Popup menu in view window, RMB click in View and select 'Camera/View to Object' TWICE)
- Macro Record OFF (Ctrl + m keys)
- Test the Macro (Take a wanted view (Alt + drag LMB) and when having a
wanted view, press (Ctrl + g keys), Then drag the Created Camera from the
'Select' Window and drop it into the 'Perspective' View, if the View
changes, something is wrong with the Macro, If staying the same, Macro is
Save to 'Startup' project (To make it permanent...)
- In 'Select' Window click the 'Named Macros' Tab (3rd Tab from Right)
- In that Tab, First click the + infront of 'Key bindings' then click the +
infront of 'Named Macros' (So both of them show listings in their window
- In the 'Named Macros' window, the "current" macro is selected (the one
you created above!) (If not, select it !)
- Double click the name "current" and rename it to "Create MyCamera"
(without the quotes)
- In 'Key bindings' window, click the 'Key' Field, Press (c key), now only
a "c" should show up in the 'Key' Field ! (or other key that you want, maybe
(Alt + c keys) and then click the 'Bind' Button !
(Now the "Create MyCamera" macro is bound to the (c key), Test so it works,
by take a view and press (c key)
Now you can create a camera from your wanted view, by pressing (c key) =)
- Reset all stuff you changed while making the macro... like Views, in
'Select' window set back to 'Geometric Object' Tab, Delete all added extra
object (Cameras and such that got created while testing macros and so
- In Menu, choose 'File/Save as Startup'